PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Headsets?
Thread: Which Headsets?
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2007, 02:56
jethrolx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all, has anyone tried the new DC X11?? I am also in the market for a headset and have been blessed with a kind instructor who lets me use his spare bose x's, which i must say are a fantastic piece of equipment. My only issue is i find the ear cups just a touch shallow, so went to try on some other headsets to see if i could find something more comfortable. The light speeds i tried on lasted about three seconds, unfortunately i dont have ears the size of a three year old and found them uncomfortable also. Tried on the X11's, and was suitably impressed, my ears (not that they are THAT big) had loads of room, but am wondering as to the quality of the ANR eletronics. There seem to be little in the way of reviews available, and majority of what i have found is disappointing with several people saying they actually returned them.
I did try on some DC 10 13.4's and they are a little heavier on the mic side, wondered how comfortable they would be for long trips? the PNR was impressive, even in a quiet store.