PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Flight Training (EFT)
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2007, 22:30
BattleCreek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Matthew Adams
Cosworth - a bit unlike you to post without the full details initially.
It is generally accepted the accommodation standards have gone up.
It is however, further away from the airfield. There is an hourly bus service to the airfield back and forth for free.
The package does now include a car - and if you were renting both before hand the new price offers savings. Aviator's cost is the same with the car.
I challenge anyone to find accommodation for anything less than 4 months which will work out cheaper at this time of year accommodation wise.
I think the fact of the matter is the lack of communication from the school and the fact that they are truly backing people into a corner.
The school have yet to tell me of this increase and I am currently studying with them...so I wonder at what point they are going to have the decency, manners and basic customer service of informing me. I know of other students who purchased cars before Christmas and who are now still on their Christmas break and have not been informed.

There is no argument that the $1050 for car and accomodation is a good price, but to offer no alternative to a student who simply doesn't need or want a car, is pushing it, to say the least. As Cosworth stated, it is an increase of $78, so no saving from before. Also, if the Aviator students are paying $500 or 600 a month, then why is this same price being offered to the EFT people?

If you are paying a school or company a hell of a lot of money for a service and they decide to put the prices up, fair enough. But they do need to inform people in advance and not spring it on them unawares.

And as a point of reference..The shuttle from the accomodation runs every 2 hours, not every hour.