PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Flight Training (EFT)
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2007, 22:08
cosworth211

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Matthew Adams
Cosworth - a bit unlike you to post without the full details initially.
It is generally accepted the accommodation standards have gone up.
It is however, further away from the airfield. There is an hourly bus service to the airfield back and forth for free.
The package does now include a car - and if you were renting both before hand the new price offers savings. Aviator's cost is the same with the car.
I challenge anyone to find accommodation for anything less than 4 months which will work out cheaper at this time of year accommodation wise.
Before accomodation was $600 a month, a shared rented car $87.50 a week. I make that $978, a $72 premium, not saving. You also lose the choice to purchase your own car, which can cost up to 4 times less then renting. I note you purchased your own car also, instead of renting from the school.
This is a blatant move to force you to rent a car from the affiliate school. If it was not, you would have the option to opt out of the car rental, which you don't. I wouldn't complain if this had always been the policy, but it has been sprung on me and two fellow students 6 days before we leave for Florida, after wiring the money for the course, booking flights, obtaining Visa's, TSA etc.
Do you honestly believe that $2100 a month is a good rate for a 2 bedroom flat in Vero Beach? You could rent a modern 4 bedroom house here in Sussex for that!
As I mentioned I do rate EFT and think they are a great training organisation, but that doesn't mean I won't complain about something that I feel is grossly unfair. I started this post to ensure no one else is caught out unaware of the change in housing policy. The 2 fellow students who fly out to EFT with me on the 15th are fuming also.