PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bumpy landing again at Birmingham
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2007, 20:07
tiggerific_69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well said tightslot Twinpeaks,go and post your arrogant and insulting remarks elsewhere.try going to frankfurt,its busier and bumpier there.

i am bhx based,and it was pretty windy coming into land this morning,specially in a smaller aircraft than what i presume was an A320.the crosswinds are pretty strong at BHX sometimes,but the pilots know what theyre doing,they know how to control the aircraft in these situations,and if for one second they thought the wind was too much,they would go around and try again.the pilots probably brake harder after landing so that they can slow the aircraft down more quickly and therefore combat the winds,as when youre going slower,they seem to have less of an effect!i often notice when landing on Runway 15 at BHX (where the terminal is on the left hand side of the aircraft as you come down the runway) that the wind will catch you at the last minute,however today it was fairly windy all the way down!i dont know what the forecast is for the next few days,but hopefully it will start improving soon