PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2007, 18:13
east_sider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I failed the Beyne at Gatwick today. And the HW but I expected to fail that as I've taken it at City previously. Oh well, at least I'm between GBP30-60k richer! Kind of

A couple of observations that might help anyone going for a test in the future:

The Beyne was not conducted exactly as 2close said above, instead of using a mirror I sat 5m from it directly in a line. The room was nearly dark but not pitch black. I was allowed a few minutes to aclimatise to the dark, but certainly not 15 mins. They didn't show me the lights before the test, but I was told the five colours (Red, Green, White, Orange, Blue.) She emphasised that the white is a dirty colour, like a light bulb, not pure/bright white.

For the HW I sat 6m from it, the room was lit. The colours (Red, Green, White) were demostrated before starting. Otherwise proceedure was as done at City.

The only feedback I got was "you've made quite a few mistakes on both tests", they don't give exact results out. But I have to say overall they were very professional and kind, the woman who did the test seemed almost more annoyed/upset for me failing than I was myself.

She did say that although don't usually let people take the same tests again, I would be welcome to have another go if/when the new test (in development with City) comes into effect. Benwizz re your question on an earlier post I hope this helps a bit.

Given the "severity" of my test fails, both today and at City previously, I don't think I'm going to see out further Beyne tests in Europe. So its the end of the line for me and Class 1, ATPL.

The very best of luck to anyone still going for it themselves.

Happy landings
ES