PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Generic Interview & Recruitment Questions
Old 9th Jan 2007, 17:58
ozskipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by abdomen
Hi all!!

I have my first interview with an airline 2 become a cabin crew. I do drugs (ketamine & e) once per month and usually do some roids. Will this come up in the medical tests??

Thanx
Hmm, it's taken me awhile to think of an appropriate way to respond to this because I don't want it taken the wrong way. There are lots of crew that take recreational drugs (as in most industries) however you need to think seriously whether this is the right job for you. Partying is fine when you can go into the office and shut the door and ignore the world because you're feeling like it's Comedown Tuesday, but on the aircraft it isn't that simple - you've got the be on the ball in case it all goes down the pan and that's even before you have to be nice to someone who's just spewed on you! Steroids can cause aggression in some people (not all), so you also need to think about whether that might be a problem or not being in a tin can at 38,000'.

The final thing you need to be aware of, is that depending on the airline you work for, you may be subject to random drug testing either by the company , the regulator or indeed the country you are visiting. In Thailand for example, the police can require you to produce a urine drug sample without a reason or indeed a warrant. Having visited a Thai prison (not as a inmate but in a professional capacity) they are places you don't want to spend any time in

But in answer to your question - no, they shouldn't come up unless their use has been within around 72 hrs.

Originally Posted by abdomen
Hi!!
I hate wearing a suit and dressing kind of smart!!! I´m a levi´s kind of guy and was wondering if could I wear jeans, t-shirts, trainners.... during the training period or this could affect to the final airline´s decition about me working 4 them???

(I know it sounds a bit silly but it worries me!!! )

THANK YOU!!!
Most airlines require you to dress in appropriate business attire or at least smart casual (ie, no tie, but a shirt and trousers). Wearing jeans and trainers isn't seen as being professional and there would some question as to how you would be in wearing their uniform.

Again, with the airline I work for, you'd be told very promptly that the style of dress isn't appropriate and you'd be expected to present yourself more professionally.

Please don't take any of the above as me having a crack at you - just a perspective from this end.