PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe a pilot! (And I'm too damn lazy to do a search)
Old 9th Jan 2007, 17:55
future captain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nasher1319
Hi yes well im 13 and about to choose my options and i would like to know the academic path to being a pilot? if anyone knows personal stuff...like what university degree you might do? im interestied in it all i just want to know whats the best way of doing this from a early age!!
Nasher, you got alot of time on your hands still. Choose subjects you enjoy, try your best for your next lot of exams (GCSE) get the basics in place, then choose what you enjoy at alevel and for a degree, trust me, you will do a whole lot better this way. If its sponsorship you may be looking into, then you may want to try have a shot at maths and maybe physics (alevel). At the moment get involved in team sports, look around for local clubs etc, i joined my cricket club and worked my way up from juniors to cpt of under 18's, then adults 1st eleven, i love playing cricket and can't go without playing. Its something you can bring up at an interview when the time comes.

Gud luck with everything, and always remain positive