PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What do you do during long haul flights?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2007, 16:55
AHRS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Killing away the time on those "boring" phases

ITS ONE THING TO KEEP THE ATMOSPHERE IN THE COCKPIT AMENABLE...its quite another to fart away the time and indulge in the kind of non sense that has been depicted in these postings..there must be an element of truth in it i suspect, i dont think they are entirely joking!I know of a situ where the capt went to sit his poterior in First Class indulging inrevenue service amenities while the cockpit door was locked on a quiet night between Jo-burg and D-ars-alaam; George was dutifully engaged and behaving pristinely....and dutiflly abiding to the definition of Cock-pit...the F.O. was having "his own" pampered along and getting a fully fledged pneumatic9or shall i say hydro-pneumatically) thrusts by one of the hornier cabin screws...it unbelievably happenned!

I resent you guys who piss about such valuable quiet and blessed time(for it is problem free aint it??) where you can discuss CRM case histories or go through sim session debriefings or consult the ops manuals..or etc and always monitoring the flight path ahead and below you always keeping a running picture of what you would exactly do should the stinking stuff hit the fan blades.I am disappointed because some of us love flying but inspite of all the investments in time,effort, and money we have sacrificed to develop this career we still are at the behest of getting a break and are in the meanwhile dreaming flying through no faults of our own and having to resort to MSFS and the occasional stint on a real sim to keep our passion and professional focus going.
NEXT TIME YOU FEEL BORED...JUST THINK OF THAT POOR CHAP AWAITING EAGERLY IF NOT DESPERATELY TO GET HIS/HER NEXT OPPORTUNITY TO SIT IN A COCKPIT AND MANIPULATE THE CONTROLS AMONGST A PROFESSIONAL CADRE TO GET AIRBORNE EVEN AT SOME NON GLAMOROUS AIRFIELD..JUST PAUSE FOR A MOMENT AND THANK HEAVENS THAT YOU ARE THERE PRIVILEDGED TO CONTINUE DOING THAT..I USED TO TAKE SUCH QUIET CRUISE MOMENTS AND HUMBLY OFFER THANKS FOR BEING UP THERE..EVEN IF ON AUTOPILOTAND EVEN IF THE OTHER PILOT WAS A STINKING AHRS-HALL!

Pilots get paid far better than the average professional in any country you might consider to compare...I am sure it is not for the skil of farting around,browse magz,your note books or to get jerked off...that blow job could turn into an unprepared blow out should justice get its way!

Lets keep it professional...all professions are goverened by ethics and ours...if we dare call it one, shouldn't be allowed to degenerate.Society look up on us as though we carry magic about us.Lets keep it that way I suggest.

Originally Posted by cameltoe2006
I'm flying a320 and i find a 3-4 hour flight sometimes boring. Which leaves me wondering - how bout those flying the widebodies on long haul? Do you get bored as I do? What do you do up there to while your time away? Do you bring laptops with you? Magazines?.....