PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oh No! Its St Maarten time again
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2007, 16:41
con-pilot

Aviator Extraordinaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Latest would be a Falcon 50EX N883RA, however, I am no longer flying for that company and am currently semi-retired. Before that it was a Falcon 900EX N883RA (Boss got poor and we had to downsize.) And of course the old Sabre 65 N883RA. I got tired of changing the registration on the aircraft all the time.

As you know around Christmas and New Years the airport is very, very busy. There are periods that they close down all non-airline arrivals. Very few corporate/private aircraft are allowed to remain overnight during the holiday season. I've had to hold for over an hour on a few occasions and had to divert to Antigua once to to get more fuel.

However, as far as I am concerned it is well worth all the problems once I am on the island. We use to stay about a week, sometimes longer, every trip. Luckily my wife was able to be on the aircraft with me on a lot of those trips.

Oh by the way, you can Google N883RA and there is picture of the Falcon 50 taken at Beijing China about a year and a half ago during a trip around the world that I made in that aircraft. Also the same picture is on that Airliner dot web site.