PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC holdpool (ATPers)
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2007, 16:13
AustralianGoose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by triple_2
I guess it's something about them paying 60k and us paying 6...
Fair enough!

and

Cadets do get priority over the ATP guys, and given that they were effectively taken on by Easyjet at the start of their courses over 18mths ago you can't really complain.
Oh come on, tell me you are joking

At the end of the day we are the customer, we were sold the whole concept of the AQC, we had choices at the time.

Cough up 20k and buy a type rating, with a 90% chance of a job in this current climate at the end of it...or pay CTC 6K, accept a loss of earnings for 8 months with a guaranteed job at the end of the term. Biggest drawing card was the fact that the pool would be empty by Nov '06

However the pool never emptied but grew, and grew and grew! With the possibility of some Wannabees spending possibly up to 10 months in the pool, who knows – maybe even more.

Now with hindsight would you have still spent the 6K or have done the TR instead? Everybody will no doubt have differing opinions, some for and some against. I certainly didn't recieve the product I was sold, but thats tough and I'll grin get over it and bide my time in the pool, fortunately I can continue to earn money and pay the mortgage, etc. Not so for some others in our swimming class is it?

But please don't tell me that the cadets have every right to move and be placed ahead of us - holy smoke we are the consumers here – why would you just roll over and play possum!