PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 3
Thread: BRISTOL - 3
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2007, 06:16
WATABENCH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that although it's been a media frenzy that has not bode well for BRS, I really think that it'll all be forgotten about by pax very soon and business will be strong for BRS again this year.

At the end of the day it was a problem, and it's been sorted, after April the airport will not relay the runway for at least 10 years and only then will a little smidgen of a report show up on ITV West news with a much older looking Lisa Asiz commenting "well remember 2007 at BRS?" most people will say "uuughhhh no" "they were relaying the runway and it went tits up for a weekend" we will all think "ooooh yeah, that was well amusing" and that'll be it!

Time to move on now folks, every airline apart from XL is back running services from BRS, XL will probably be as of tomorrow and the airports and airlines will thrash out a suitable deal for the inconvienence caused, who knows it may even work out well if you have a think about it, why would an airline ask for a cash settlement when they could get a cheeky little deal on slots, landing fees or handling fees, thus enabling more flights!

I know for a fact the airline that I work for has a VERY good relationship with BRS and a hiccup like this would not put them off keeping BRS as a major base in our network.

Looking back, yes the airport was a bit slow on the uptake of how serious the situation had become, and I admit that I had a moan about it on prune, but they must of been pretty shell shocked to see 10 airlines in less than 24 hours not wanting to fly in or out, and as Tony Hallwood said in interviews yesterday that they had to seek CAA approval etc etc.... to put these grooves in the TEMPORARY surface, we all know deep down that this approval would of taken a while to come through.

Now lets get back to the usual discussion of CWL bashing! only messing I think CWL/BHX and EXT deserve a pat on the back and a round of applause as do the airline staff and ground handling agents in BRS
Monthly rant over, quite tame today I feel

Last edited by WATABENCH; 9th Jan 2007 at 06:39.