PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skyairworld!
Thread: Skyairworld!
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2007, 23:49
No worries mate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Magoodotcom,
The info I posted wasn't done to knock anyone or Skyairworld, just posting what I've heard.
But I do agree with The Bunglerat, it does appear the mining/resources & high capacity charter market is becoming saturated. We have NJS, SkyWest, Alliance, OzJet and Our Airline already operating with jets. OzJet is planing on adding B737-300/400's this year and Alliance have another 3 or 4 F100's coming. Skippers are about to add another Dash 8-300 plus there are rumours that both J*tcr@ft and M@c@ir are about to add ATR's to their fleets.
Our Airline is picking up a lot of Defence force work in their B737 and OzJet seems to be very busy with all the other long range charter work. NJS is still very busy with their 146's in WA, operating into some short strips. Alliance has just opened a base in Perth, operating runs for BHP and I believe they have just started operating into Treppell in QLD (also for BHP).
And then there is the question of the E-jets operating into the mining runways, with their underslung engines. The mining runways I flew into whilst in GA were very average, and we always suffered nicks on the props and chunks out of the tyres.
The E-jets looks like a great aircraft and it's good to see new aircraft operating in Australia, so I guess time will tell if it will work in the Australian Charter market.