PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 8th Jan 2007, 21:32
rhythm method

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let me clarify... I am talking about resignations from BACON at the moment. Flybe already had considerable crewing problems and were keen to get all or most of the BACON crews to smooth over the cracks. They are beginning to realise that they will have quite a job convincing people to stay.

On the other hand, this ought to work well from crews perspective in convincing the new flybe managers that they have serious problems which need addressing. If they create a company which people want to stay with, it will benefit both sides.

Unfortunately, the early posturing from one side of the table ("you guys will never get your hands on a jet", "be thankful we are here to save your jobs", and "if you don't like it go try your luck at easyJet") has seemingly backfired in spectacular fashion.

Don't get me wrong here.. I wish no ill to anyone who remains. I know not everyone will jump, and I would hate to see any of my former colleagues struggling; my point is merely that the 'take it or leave it attitude' has actually driven many to look elsewhere, and the market is rife with vacancies at the moment for qualified crews!