PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Round the world record
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2007, 14:04
Coconutty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They STILL haven't given up !

Another New Year and STILL our intrepid heroes are intent on achieving this "World Record" - Fastest around the world in a helicopter

About the only thing that hasn't changed is the fact that "the team" ( i.e. Johan Nurmi ) desperately needs someone to pay for his little venture, and is trying his best to get people to "sponsor" his attempt on the back of a charity appeal for starving children.

The aircraft has changed - now they state they will be using a Bell 430.

The start date has changed again - Now its June 2007.

Even the stated beneficiaries of the "Fund Raiser" has changed - originally they were "Under Privileged" American kids, now it's the starving children of Africa !

The team's Web site has been re-vamped : World record Helicopter Team
.. complete with real CHEESEY music, ... and now also has links to the re-vamped "Charity" web site : Help Starving Children,
which sounds so much more welcoming than the previous "Christian Foundation for Unprivileged Children" organisation.

There are now some heart wrenching pics of those starving little ones - to help encourage you to send your cash

If you want my advice - DON'T DO IT - Not without reading all of this thread and appreciating that the Founder / President of the "Charity" is the chap who desperately needs to raise funds to make the record attempt, i.e, Johan Nurmi

If you want to give to a childrens charity there are PLENTY of genuine ones out there that you will have already heard of !

Strangley there is still NO News on any of Johan's web sites of how much cash he has donated to ANY charity whatsoever, on the back of his previous record attempts that were also supposed to have benefitted those poor, underprivileged, frozen little children