PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2007, 13:55
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, well...

It would seem that beautiful downtown Hassi Messaoud is just a way-station for newbies to be trained and observed. If I do not exhibit any suicidal or homicidal tendencies then they move me on from there to my regular duty station, a place no one else wants, since I shall be the newest of newbies.

This would seem to mean that Saudi is less preferable to Angola. Jeez!

You are at much risk of a mid-air collision with a pig as of seeing me back. I left deep psychic scars on that small-souled son of the Fatherland, such that I don't get to go back before he leaves. Given that he's one of those types nobody much wants that means that I am safe from myself and my insane 'nostalgia de la boue de Isolo' for the indefinite future. It looks as if it should be NEO who turns off the generator for the last time, then. I had thought that job was reserved for me but I was wrong. Not that I seem to have missed the collapse by much, mind you!

If I were that way made it would cheer me up no end to read about all the trouble coming down in southern Nigeria. As it is, I can only wish some of my gloomier predictions were not coming true. Who needs all this trouble? All of the big men behind today's situation are sure to have things all sorted out with second homes someplace nice and settled, leaving their unhappy brothers and any expats fool enough to stick around to struggle through. Good luck with that one.