PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting note about AA Airbus crash in NYC
Old 8th Jan 2007, 02:26
bubbers44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wish I could be at the picnic. Did the A300 really have rudder inputs from the pedals like it showed in the video or did they just use rudder actuator inputs to the FDR to show what the rudder pedals would do to make the rudder move? My friend who had the uncommanded rudder movements didn't move his rudders and the yaw damper was throwing his airbus out of control trying to land in Miami. Does the Airbus really have rudder pedal movement in their FDR. Years ago I heard no. I just remember that TWA 800 video that showed them zooming up 1000 feet after the explosion and the nose falling off and lost confidence in their credibility of video reinactments. I dought that this video was accurate either. Feeling your captains seat being thrown around violently would cause any captain to fix it and say I've got it and take control if the FO was out of control. I think Sten was trying to fix a problem, not cause one. Wake turbulence is a non event, we encounter it every month or so. Has anyone experienced what it feels like to have a tail failing in flight? Probably a lot of fluttering and yawing.