PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The real reason the RN and RAF are in danger of becoming token forces
Old 7th Jan 2007, 21:13
ChristopherRobin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help for the deserving poor. Scroungers stand by. Business - be honest and plenty of it. Low taxes. Get businessmen who know how to run a big business like the NHS to sit at the hand of the minister (and not Patricia Hewitt). Tough on crime - 3 strikes and you're out so start building more prisons. Rehabilitate drug abusers and fry drug pushers - auto life sentences. Death penalty for child abusers, rapists and murderers, or chemical castration.

Chain gangs in pink suits for young offenders instead of ASBOs, civic pride, rewards for achievement in schools, sportsdays where not everyone gets a prize, free market economics and trust in people wanting to run successful businesses without interference from politicians who don't know anything about it. But that said, more politicians from business and while we're at it, no one should be allowed to enter politics before the age of 40 so they can live in the real world first.

But really ratty, many of the things you have mentioned are no business of the government whatsoever in a free country. You're only asking how I would deal with them because you're so used to the nanny state we currently have, and I don't condemn you for that - well done for reminding me it isn't just about defence.

Oh and on the environment? Go nuclear short-term, invest in fusion long term!

To the hustings!