PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK - Why bother?!
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2007, 16:40
Fart Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dedeita, I think you have some fair comments......however,
1. How many months a year do you want to do 90 hours of Short/Medium/long & ULH, going east to west, min days off etc.

2. 4112 Euros = what I was earning after tax 4 years ago as an FO in europe, high cost of living etc, nope that doesn't stand up.

3. Company accom, swings both ways really, if you get your mortgage paid at home then it is a bonus, however if you want to go home to decompress from DXB once or twice a year it's nice to do it in your own home = having to pay your mortgage anyway= co. accom a bit of a benefit, also don't talk about buying/renting accom in DXB, bad karma dude

4. Ahh yes, 42 days leave, where a working week with weekends = 9 days leave, so we get 42/9 = 4.67 weeks leave per year, thats if the leave people will give it to you, I personally have no complaints, but I know a lot of people who have had rough deals.

5. Education allowance- I can get the same standard of education for my children for free at home, so I don't see it as a benefit at EK.

6. Car loan, the second word is loan, thats right you still have to pay it back. But yes I will give you the point thats it's interest free, so a small benefit there.

7. Although I have had to make comparisons with my home country to answer your points, I am not sure why you said it was better than the package in your own country, you won't be living in your own country. The one exception I will say is whether you have to send money home for mortgages etc. the AED is not worth much these days + UAE inflation is starting to hurt.

I hope my points may bring some perspective to your points, adios compadre