PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet
Thread: easyJet
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2007, 16:08
Getoutofmygalley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EzyChic

Quite good answers there, except I did things slightly differently (as follows):

It will start in the crew room at briefing time where a crew member doesn't turn up on time, when they do arrive their uniform isn't too standard (or their makeup) - what do you do?

I did as you said and got them to rectify the uniform (if possible). If they could not rectify I would have had to offload them. I also made a point of saying that I would take the crew member to one side and asking them if there was a reason for them being late (they might have had their car break down and had to fix it - hence uniform not to standard) and offering them an ear if they needed it - this went down well as it was considered good CRM.

You then have a crew member who has an inadequate knowledge of SEP or First Aid - what do you do?

Your answer is correct, but make sure that you say "I would take the crew member to one side and inform them they are being offloaded, I would then inform the Captain of the reasons for offload and tell the Captain that you are about to contact Crewing" and also say you would contact the BCCM

Crewing try to persuade you to take the crew member with inadequate knowledge of SEP or First aid, because the flight will be delayed 90mins and there is a departure slot - what do you do?

Spot on answer given, under no circumstances do you take someone who has shown inadequate SEP or First Aid. Crewing have no rights to put pressure on you and if they do the crewing officer could end up in a lot of bother (especially as NMC phone calls are recorded )

Down route the APU is non-op and the aircraft has a departure slot. The Captain wants to board the pax as normal but the slot is 2 hours - how will you handle this, especially as the cabin is getting so hot.

You could also ask the Captain if there is any way that the handling agents could (if the aircraft has closed up) get steps back so that you can have D1L & D2L open, this will create air movement in the cabin making it more bearable but the rest of your answer is good but dont say the tea/coffee thing.

During the return flight 2 of the cabin crew have an arguement, causing a scene - how will you handle this? What will your actions be?

Do everything you have done, but I would not say that part about not making a big thing out of it. The crew have behaved in a totally unacceptable way and you need to find try to find out what the reasons for the argument were - remember you can always offload back at base (if doing a 4 sector day). Also, as these 2 crew are going to be sharing a jumpseat together on landing (critical phase of flight) you need to be sure that the argument won't kick off again. Defo raise in debrief (if you don't offload) and tell the BCCM.

Back at base the Captain decides that he didn't like the way you went about things with him re: the non-op APU and orders you into the flight deck whilst pax are disembarking - what do you do?

Good answer, but make sure you say that you have to be by your door in case an emergency situation arises, once the pax are off you will be in to see him immediately.

Remember to sound confident as you give your answers (confident not smug) and make sure you say WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR. For example the arguing crew, if it was minor you may not go as far as telling the BCCM (in real life) but the interviewer will want to hear from you that you will tell the BCCM.

Anything else, let me know