Thread: easyJet
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2007, 14:22
EzyChic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok...

arrrrgh..I haven't flown for ages, lol.

How do these answers sound?

It will start in the crew room at briefing time where a crew member doesn't turn up on time, when they do arrive their uniform isn't too standard (or their makeup) - what do you do?

If it's rectifiable get them to sort it out- if not (eg they have turned up in jeans or something ridiculous, there is no spare uniform about in the crew room etc) call crewing and see how quicky we can get a standby out. Either way, address them, away from the other crew member(s).

You then have a crew member who has an inadequate knowledge of SEP or First Aid - what do you do?
Try and rephrase the question(s), put them another way etc, if their knowledge is inadequate sadly it would have to be an offload and BCCM notified.

Crewing try to persuade you to take the crew member with inadequate knowledge of SEP or First aid, because the flight will be delayed 90mins and there is a departure slot - what do you do?
Tough, it's a 90 minute delay! I would rather take the crew member with dodgy makeup then someone with inadequate SEP knowledge. Eitherway there is no way I would take someone who possibly wouldn't know what to do in an emergency (the way this day is going you know something'll happen).
Maybe a matter of boarding whilst waiting for the third crew member etc so we can leave as soon as they have been briefed, but there would be no way I would leave with a member with inadequate knowledge.

Down route the APU is non-op and the aircraft has a departure slot. The Captain wants to board the pax as normal but the slot is 2 hours - how will you handle this, especially as the cabin is getting so hot.
Ask the captain if there are any other options? Is there a likelihood the slot will be bought forward? If so, go ahead and board, if not suggest we wait until closer the slot time, as the cabin is getting hot and if we're running around sorting out pax etc we can't be making him/her nice cups of tea and bringing him/her some water. If (s)he still insists on boarding then board. Have one crew member offering water, make PAs to apologise for temperature....explain we are waiting for a slot to come forward (hopefully).

During the return flight 2 of the cabin crew have an arguement, causing a scene - how will you handle this? What will your actions be?
Take the crew concerned to the rear galley, have a word about proffessionalism etc, apologise to any pax that saw the 'scene', but try not to make a big deal out of it. Report both crew members to BCCM, during the debrief make them both aware that this is totally unacceptable behavior. (Is there a form to fill out like a CSR in this situation?)

Back at base the Captain decides that he didn't like the way you went about things with him re: the non-op APU and orders you into the flight deck whilst pax are disembarking - what do you do?
Let him know I am disembarking and will go into see him as soon as possible......(Spit in his cup of tea next time I fly with him...only kidding). Listen to what he says and take i on board, explain to him why I took the actions I did.

I know there's probably no right/wrong answers here, but do these sound OK?

Cheers

EzyChic