PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 7th Jan 2007, 12:40
FD3S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting how things move on isn't it? Not quite so much 'take it or leave it' from the FlyBe side of the fence and not too much 'this is our position and we're not going to change it' from those in blue and silver. What a pleasant change! I do however strongly suspect that certainly some of those 'experienced' BAConnect pilots so coveted by BW and IC (well so they said) have decided to take matters into their own hands and vote with their feet. Another 3 years of integration? A lottery with regard to the T&C's? The possibility of unemployment if it all falls through? Hardly attractive options. Particularly when there's so much recruitment . . .

According to the HR department at easyJet, they estimate that they will employ a 'significant number of the senior BAConnect pilots by the end of 2007' . . . speculation? Wishful thinking? Not if the sheer number of pilots going for and being successful at easy interviews from ALL Connect bases is taken into account.

So to quote BW, 'if you don't like our terms and conditions and don't want to work for FlyBe, off you go to easyJet with my best wishes.' Thanks Brian, I have, and so it would appear have many of my senior colleagues.