PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Times:- Israel plans on striking Iran with Tactical Nukes
Old 7th Jan 2007, 11:11
ORAC
Ecce Homo! Loquitur...

Received 1,627 Likes on 744 Posts
The Israelis do have to take into consideration the fact that the Iranian PM has repeatedly said that, as soon as they have the bomb, Israel will be annihalated; and the Iranian president has said that an Israeli or western retaliatory strike would be acceptable, as the Moslem world would survive, but Israel would have been destroyed.

Things like that tend to concentrate the mind. The USA and Europe might be willing to take the chance they're bluffing, Israel cannot. I have said this on several occasions in the last 2 years on this site, but this is a train wreck taking place in slow motion. Iran won't give up their work on a bomb, the rest of the world won't stop them, Israel won't wait till they have it.

It might inconvenience those who just Israel would just go away, but they are not going to put their head on the block just to make things easier for the rest of us.

Mind you, for all their supposedly solidarity, I think Saudi and most of the Sunni nations around Iran might vociferously complain, but would actually be extremely relieved. I would not even consider it unlikely that they'd get to route direct over Saudi enroute to their targets and home.