PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting note about AA Airbus crash in NYC
Old 7th Jan 2007, 03:29
airsupport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AirRabbit
Well, if you can provide anyone with some expertise in aircraft structures who will agree with you that the same aileron and rudder inputs (maximum deflection and maximum reversals, both rudder and aileron -- I think there were 7 of them in 9 seconds -- at the same or similar airspeeds) would be totally transparent and non-eventful on "any other aircraft, not even other Airbus models," I'll back away.
I really couldn't care less whether you back away or not.

Just PLEASE stop twisting what I say.

I am NOT talking about how to fly or not fly the A300, and I am certainly NOT accusing anyone of anything (that should please Danny), however after being based at JFK NY with an Airbus A300 operating throughout the Caribbean, and seeing this lack of anything but a token external visual inspection of the composite tail, and this water that was always trapped in the tail for weeks on end, I just cannot help thinking that these could have been factors in this tragic accident.

The exact type of composite tail on the A300s in question is unique to ONLY the A300/A310.

Also, as I said, I am sure Airbus now have a better inspection schedule and have fixed the drainage problem.