PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia II
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2007, 00:05
Pegasus747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it would seem that the MAM pays, are quite variable depending on the contract you are on and the number of hours you work. Given that a lot of the regional flying is actually being done by the MAM casuals they get better DTA and hence the ones doing the regional flying it seems are getting the larger pay packets.

I think the problem in WA is the same perenial problem that was the affliction of the LH base there. The lack of flying and hours.

But as my friend said to me only last night, The average income for a flight attendant who leaves flying and gets a job in the real world is about $35k pa.

Those that have a trade or their own business might do better but let's face it, when you can get a 21 year old full of beans and enthusiastic why would you employ an ex flight attendant.

The skill set of a flight attendant is not marketable elsewhere as those that thought that they would take the package and get another job have told me.

The exercise i go through every now and then is to check out the job section of the newspapers and try to find a job that comes close to the conditions and pay that i get as a long haul flight attendant. Quite frankly nothing comes even close.

I am here for the duration and hope that we can keep as much of our income and T&C as possible. I am certainly not counting on a change of government but i will be certainly praying for one