PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More time at home
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2007, 23:53
I Just Want To Fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry that you didn't get an interview, it is a little hard to judge based on the information provided. I would be very surprised if you were not offered an interview only because of your maths grades, but it would depend on your age and experience, and the answers to the questions, and the overall presentation of your application. I was told "It has to be very neat, with no mistakes" - so that's what I did. I was lucky enough to get into VS on my first attempt, but alot of people take two or even three ettempts.

It is the nature of the industry. You have to keep positive, and keep trying!!!
Back home in Sydney, I tried QF 4 times, EK 6 times, DJ 2 times, and didn't get any of them. Then i finally got EasyJet , and moved to London. But i wanted to fly long haul , so I tried QFUK, JL and didn't get either of them, despite getting all the way to final interview for both. Then I finally got VS .

I used to always get very upset after being knocked back. I am well groomed, have heaps of customer service experience, speak Japanese and French, and work well in teams!!! OK I may not be a Brad Pitt look alike , but still, it was so frustrating!

Hang in there, and if you plan to apply to my national carrier, QF, it is QANTAS Queensland And Northern Territory Aerial Service. There is no "u"

Good Luck!!!