PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe a pilot! (And I'm too damn lazy to do a search)
Old 6th Jan 2007, 23:13
jamied

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some advice on becoming a commerical pilot

hi,

first of all im 14 from Bolton/uk, My local airport is manchester intl. I was reccomended to come here by another pilot i emailed but i dont think he is a member here.

So i have come here because i belive there are a few pilots here who can give me some advice on how to become a proffesional pilot. Such as exams taken, qualifications, what you paid for flying lessons etc. I dont really know anything at the moment so i was wondering if you could help me out.

I am currently in year 10 at school and got my work experience coming up in the future and wondering if there is anyone who lives in manchester or nearby who could give me some advice on where to go. I have looked up flying schools/airports in the yellow pages/phone book and i dont think Manchester INTL allow people to go there for work experience due to security risks and my nearest flying shool is Blackpool which is miles off so i cant travel to Blackpool every morning for two weeks can i?

Any info you could give me is very appreciated . My email is [email protected]

Thanks
Jamie D