PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Motion: This Government is imperilling the UK
Old 6th Jan 2007, 22:45
MaxReheat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lyneham Lad
This must be tele-apathy. After reading so many articles in recent weeks documenting not only the insideous neutering of the UK's armed forces but also the general decline in the nation's overall moral and social structures, brought about by this disgraceful man, Bliar, I was going to kick off a thread along similar lines but thought it too radical to raise the matter of 'coups'.
However, when I was a stude back in the mid/late seventies and the nation was on the point of collapse under yet another hopeless Labour administration, I recall that there was a lot of 'talk' at the time about the great disquiet in the Services about the way the country was heading which was, at the time, directly down the tubes. Bear in mind that the Services were doing quite well materiel-wise (though not in pay) and the Cold War was in full swing so no shortage of Chieftains and Type 42s. I played a rugby match at Camberley and in post-match chat in the Mess I asked what the view amongst the then staff college students was. Understandably, the deepest thoughts of the Army's brightest weren't all disclosed to a visiting student but it seemed quite clear that 'change' had been discussed in some quarters.
While the economy might be holding up, according to Broon, everything else about this country has declined into a morasse of New Labour mediocraty under Bliar. His legacy will be the utter and complete devastation of everything that used to be worth living in this country for. I hope that the ballot box will do the job, sooner rather than later.