PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 3
Thread: CARDIFF - 3
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2007, 22:05
ncleflights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SWBKCB

Its not so much giving Eastern a break as, and I can only speak for the Newcastle route, the aircraft that they are using are too small for this route. I have on a number of occasions had to travel to Bristol an drive to Cardiff as the Eastern flights have been full. This is parrticularly true on a Monday and Friday, I never had this problem with Air Wales when then ran the route. Folks not been able to get a seat on the plane is bad for Cardiff airport and the economy of the airport itself. I would be more than happy to give Eastern a break as I have no problems with there in flight service but they have completly the wrong aircraft on this route.

On the flybe issue on the front page of our local newpaper here in Newcastle at the beginning on December was a interesting news item about Newcastle becomming the next BE base. Quite a few new routes were given by BE as possibilities for this new base and Cardiff was one route. We are expecting and announcement before the end of January. Hopefully this will come off.

Thanks

Last edited by Evileyes; 6th Jan 2007 at 22:24. Reason: ADQ