PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways…A European view for those thinking about joining…
Old 22nd Aug 2001, 08:49
compression ratio

Loggedon,

Very diplomatically said! Not sure how long Flemming will stay...it's the age old story. These people couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. They will always employ westeners to "manage" the airline uder the watchful eye of a Qatari (probably someone who's 20yrs old who's daddy is an Al-Thani) but lets not be sarcastic!

I remember the days when they had 747's flying the DOH-LHR/LGW-DOH run half empty offering BUY ONE ticket get ONE free. Good business ethics there and then they wonder why they aren't making huge profits!!! Then they bring in the europeans to sort it only to bag their ideas and reduce the airline back to it's beginnings.

Their real saving grace is the age of their fleet with most a/c relitively young some brand new!

The real problem lies in the difference of culture and way of doing business between the locals and the westeners. Something I think will not change.

If QR resorts back to Qatari management, with the Baker, it may take off, but definately won't reach it's cruising altitude.

Besides I was told Al-Baker only holds a PPL.
I will reserve comment on Q-tel.