PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 3
Thread: BRISTOL - 3
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2007, 20:58
anoraknophobia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by anoraknophobia
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but in this case has someone cocked up big time? No work is being carried out on the resurfacing of the runway between 21 dec and 2nd jan,standard practice for the construction industry so this temporary runway surface has to be landed on for the best part of two weeks. As anyone who has read the Bristol postings on the rumours thread can see, bad weather at Bristol can be challenging for pilots at the best of times,but these latest incidents would seem to indicate a miscalulation in the timing of these works.Have commercial pressures,ie keeping the runway closed for the minimum time impacted on the work that can be achieved each night. The work is not scheduled to be completed till March so Winter 2007 could yet throw up some more nasties.
I wrote the above on the 30th of December,when no one else replied to the post I thought perhaps I had over reacted,but in the light of what has happened maybe not.
Merchant Venturer,I expect that at this very moment the owners of Bristol Airport are preparing a press release expressing full confidence in the M.D and as any Football manager knows that's just one step away from being shown the door.