PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nigeria condemns 'rude' airlines
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2007, 19:11
apaddyinuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I appreciate that the LOS route is pretty much a bread and butter route for all the airlines that fly there but to be honest, ALL foreign airlines into LOS have suffered some form of bull from the nigerian government at some time or another. I think all the airlines should put their heads together and threaten the nigerian government with a ban on flights for a short period of time, I can assure you that they would cop on pretty damn quickly when their economy starts to collapse on itself!!! Unrealistic expectation I know but one can dream!

As for some of the comments, I travel all over Africa as a result of the fleet I am on. I regularly go to Nairobi, Accra, Dar, Luanda, Lusaka, Harare, jnb, Cpt, CAI and a few others and I have never experienced the same level of abuse and intimidation that I seem to get on every LOS flight I operate. All the other routes the passengers are lovely and I feel comfortable and welcome in the destinations. How can one country be so different is beyond me.

One thing is for sure, I work for one of those airlines mentioned by Fani-By-Name-Fani-By-Nature and I treat all my customers with respect and recognition, I am NOT going to treat any of my customers any differently on any route and I am certainly not going to make that extra "effort" with the Nigerian customers simply because im not bending over backwards kissing their arses!!!

Now excuse me if I seem to be generalising against all Nigerians. I certainly am not, i take individuals as I get them. I have chatted with many lovely Nigerians on the flights and the majority I would say are more than pleasant but there is still that minority (and its rather large) that do put the fear of god into us when we get rostered one!!!!