PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kota Bahru Skid
Thread: Kota Bahru Skid
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2001, 11:15
Shintaro9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

This incident's a definite inquiry as there was damage to the aircraft.

And if the inquiry discovers that the pilot's over the limit, then MAS and the pilot concerned is in DS. If this was in the States, the airline would be fined heavily and the pilot would have received a citation.
So far for all the incidents that we've had, we've never been fined by the our DCA.

As for ATPs and AFFFs..well they're very hard to refuse simply because when the Captain is offered it, it's already been established by flt ops, engineering QA and DCA Airworthiness that it is safe and legal to do so. In some cases even the manufacturers are consulted. Off course the Captain can refuse, but when he does so, he jolly well needs a good reason to do so. And he has to explain cos his refusal normally cost the company. So far I have not refused the many ATPs that I have been offered. I've accepted them after I've established that it's safe, legal and that I can carry out the mission without putting myself under extra duress. Why extra duress? Because you're already under some form of duress whilst working in MAS.

This incident looks clear cut to me. Pilot error - human factor, weather a factor. They'll slap his wrist, naughty boy..and send him back to the sim, practise taxi and takeoff in TS and heavy RASH.

I dont think any company would force their pilot to take off in a TS. Decision making issue? Maybe..let's see what the inquiry reveals. In the mean time dont get into one.

Regards..Shintaro