PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ireland: Ryanair Fears €20m Pilot Hit
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2007, 16:13
Flying_Muppet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EI-RB
ALL FR pilots work extremly hard and MOL gets more than thier moneys worth out of them. I think for the job all FR pilots do is completly under stated ! They work bloody hard full f**ken stop !!

I hope they screw the Management for what its worth.
Nobody doubts that the FR pilots work hard, or that MOL makes a lot of money from them. Clearly the working conditions are bad and I am aware of the alleged underhand tactics that FR play. But ultimately it comes down to the age old phrase - if you don't like it then don't do it.
Everybody knows what they are going to be going in for when they sign on the dotted line. The reason that MOL can get away with treating his staff so badly is because there are plenty of pilots that are prepared to work under poor conditions and get paid a pittance; these are the people that are partly to blame for the poor conditions that airline pilots are now dealt with.

The reason other industries aren't in such a mess is because the staff wouldn't tolerate it. They would resign and therefore the company would be forced to provide the staff with good T's and C's in order to survive.