PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2007, 14:39
M.Mouse

Controversial, moi?

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
WWW shows his location as 'Out of the loop'. Funny how every time he posts he reinforces that position.

I will wait for the publication of the facts but if anybody truly believes that BASSA were the last remaining bulwark against BA management read this wonderful piece of illiterate half-truth designed to engender more support for their present ballot.

BASSA EMAIL UPDATE: BASSA UPDATE
BA PENSION IMPOSITION

Friday 5th January 2007 20.00hrs

All BASSA reps were derostered for today's meeting with the T&G's Deputy General Secretary Jack Dromey and Steve Hart Regional Secretary on their report back on any movement from BA on our current impasse with BA on our 12 points, one of which we might add is pensions.

Interestingly, at the same time that this meeting was going on, BA had organised a pensions meeting with the rest of the TUs in Waterside to try and reach a solution on the way forward over the NAPS pension deficit, knowing full well that BASSA could not attend, as they were locked away in talks some 15 miles away.

We received a telephone call from T&G sources, indicating a 'final' position from BA had been received in our absence and that we would have to agree today or not at all.

As this so called 'final offer' was so very detailed, we agreed to take all the information away and dedicate a full day next Friday 12th January to discuss it fully with the T&G Financial Director who has agreed to give up his day, to devote the necessary time and expertise to help us fully understand the financially technical part of the company proposal. We will NOT agree, or indeed disagree with anything until we fully understand it, you would expect nothing less.

BA subsequently has indicated that without full agreement from all the TUs they will impose their solution to the Trustees on Tuesday. That agreement they sought was not reached.

So our fears have been realised BA has imposed a deal BASSA have hardly had view of, for what reason, so they can line their own pockets with bonuses?

All your reps will wait for your voice through the ballot and will act accordingly with your wishes and we all stand committed with one more aggressive act from a management, who have no right to be in the people business.
I spoke to a stewardess on my last trip and asked what her position was. She replied 'Oh yes, I voted for a strike'. I then asked if she would actually go on strike. The reply? 'Oh no, I have just bought a house and can't afford to'!

Similar to another cabin crew member who thought BASSA would pay her salary if they went on strike.

BASSA are being disingenuous about their position on the pension negotiations and their communications leading up to this strike ballot have been abysmal in that they are strong on rhetoric and short on facts.

If they attempt to strike they will come of worst.

Frankly, many of us would like to see them brought down a peg or two.