PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 3
Thread: CARDIFF - 3
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2007, 12:40
Smile!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well so far only Belfast City, but I think there may be one more route before 07 is out. Then a possible base in 08. Like what BE does with most new airports, they dip their toes into the water, to test if its to their liking. The problem is BHD, is a bit of an over-serviced route, where yeild will be cut dramaticaly in the summer as bmibaby and flybe fight for PAX. Both going 2xDaily, it will mean a lot of empty seats. With baby being established on the route aswell people may be more likley to look on their site, as I have not seen any BE adverts in the papers. Personally I would of preffered them starting a service to Aberdeen or Newcastle as their first route. The would kill Eastern on the NCL rouite and Aberdeen will have some higher yeilding traffic with about the same amount of PAX on the seats as a BHD service. They are too bases so, there would be no need of a base at CWL, yet. Personaly I would love them to serve CDG, and if a base is announced then I can see that being a major possibility for 08, but they need to be succsesful on the BHD route first and will that happen. -(I Think-)