PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA....Please Give Us A Chance.
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2001, 01:58
MadChinaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Dear Old Dog,

Yes its true that the cost of re-training and conversion is more. But such cost is peanuts to SQ. Afterall, their simulators have to be in operational anyway. Irrespective of the training pilots, the pay is also based on the number of trainees on their roster. Besides, it saves the company heaps in terms of productive life out of me rather than wasting 17 months or less in a flying school. Assuming I get checked out within 1 year or less. By the way, SQ uses some portion of the Skills Development Fund initiated by the government for upgrading and training purposes which is why the Flt. Ops Dept. has always returned a profit.

I don't know about Malaysian Airlines policies but I do admire your country's DCA fierce protection of its pilots. I remembered
awhile back, there was an issue in your parliment with regards to taking of foreign pilots over locals (with/without type ratings). But recently MAS took about 25 Indonesian without type-ratings on-board. Guess you guys must be pissed!!!

But over here, our CAAS doesn't work the way it suppose to work rather, whatever SIA says...they agree.

Thanks Old Dog for the advise, btw if there is any openings in Malaysia..do let me know.

Cheers.