PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thick passenger comments
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2007, 10:15
dscartwright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bushfiva
My flight into Boston was technically too late to make the onward connection to Europe. But I was a very frequent flyer indeed, and I mentioned my baggage didn't need to make the connection if that would help.
A couple of years ago, a travel agent booked me a three-leg flight that had a VERY tight connection at Amsterdam. So we arrived at Amsterdam from Detroit with about 20 minutes to get to the far end of the terminal for the short hop home to Norwich. "We've got a problem", the transfer desk person told me. "You should get to the flight OK, but your baggage won't". "So what do we do?", I asked. "Oh, well if you board the flight, we'll send your luggage on the next one. Then we'll get someone to drop it off at your house. Won't be for about three hours or so though, I'm afraid".

"So you're telling me that if we get on the flight, we can get off at Norwich, stroll without stopping through baggage claim and Customs, hop in the first cab on the rank, go home, have a cup of tea, pick the dogs up from the kennels, have a shower, open a bottle of something nice and plonk ourselves in front of the telly, and then at some point this evening a nice man in a van will drop off our cases?".

"Errr ... well, if you put it like that, sir, it doesn't sound like you're too upset!".

Wish I could get it like that every time!

David C