PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What to do after CPL?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2007, 06:54
spinwing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now I'm a bit worried .....

How you will you become a Licensed Engineer in 2 yrs ????? sorry but I hope NOT! ... (unless of course you have quite an extensive background in engineering mechanics and electronics).

You might well get on to an engineers training course but I would be very surprised if you would be allowed to even sit the "basics" exams prior to completeing said course.

I know apprentices may be able to sit engineering basic exams as part of their approved training course.... BUT they then have to get very specific time "hands on" prior to making an application for a license.

Don't kid yourself if you think becoming an engineer is going to be easier than becoming a pilot ... you can train a person to keep a 'copter the right way up in about 6 months (maybe even less) ...... to train a person to become a useful safe and responsible aircraft engineer takes YEARS (and a good heli engineer would take longer) just buying a toolkit does'nt mean much.

Most engineers will tell you that it will take near 2 years for you to learn what you can't touch, let alone learn what you may be allowed to touch.

You MUST get in touch with a rotary LAME and find out what realities are involved ....

Good Luck