PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RP07 Revote?
Thread: RP07 Revote?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2007, 02:12
Mr. Bloggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No need to worry, CX know we are fools. Hence the revised agreement.

I can’t see the fallback coming. Me thinks the pilots will be scared of the boogyman that lurks in the Fallback position and vote for the original RP07. Playing into the companies hand yet again. Seems the DFO knows us more than we know ourselves.

I am happy to go back to the fallback , much can happen in 4 years. But then again, it’s the boogyman thing.
If the fallback is in, keep negotiating until something is agreeable to both parties. I guess we will see at the end of the month. Four years is a long time. Much needs to be done to grow and expand the airline in that time.

Just remember, the company is expanding and will be opening new routes and new destinations. The flying you have now at your base/or not will not be the flying you have in the future. There will be more shuttles in both Europe and North America on both the Freighters and the Passenger Fleets. I believe the freighters will be merged in the the next couple of years and volunteering for the Freighter will be gone. Any Freighter Pilots in the know about crewing levels?

London-New York will eventually happen and how will that affect your roster in the coming years on both sides of the Atlantic?

From my experience, think of absolutely the worst roster you can have and apply it to RP07. Will you have the protection? Will you be doing more ULH or more shuttles with less time off. Have a think about it. Do you commute? There will be more reserve on a base to relieve the 744 HKG pilots and other ULH fleets (340/777ER’s).

There will be more regional night flights due to slots restrictions, do you want to be called out off a 12 hour reserve to do a 11 hour duty through the middle of the night? Does RP07 have that protection?

However it goes, we will all have to live with it now and in the future, whatever it brings.

I think the AOA and the Company should sit down and have a more meaningful discussion about the whole COS. We are killing ourselves negotiating bit by bit in the hope of a pay rise.

A payrise is not going to happen. Ask yourself why? Why will the company give you a payrise? Out of the goodness of their hearts? Get real. It is known as the “Black Heart of Asia” for a reason. The DFO already said your yearly increments is your annual pay rise. Get used to it.