PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Headsets?
Thread: Which Headsets?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2007, 00:55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 things every GA pilot should fork out for...

Like ovation said, and what I have always said, what value do you put on your hearing? And what value do you put on your sight? There a few things a professional pilot should fork out for.

No1
A good headset-- I have a 13.4x ANR, its great. In fact in some aircraft i have real trouble understanding any calls from the left hand seat on take off with ANR off, such is the difference. Guess I’m so used to ANR now. I love it. Less fatigue, less ringing ears after a long flight.

No2
A good pair of sunnies. I never liked wearing em until I started flying. Go get a pair of quality sunnies such as serrengetti’s or raybans. I have a pair of serrengetti’s and they’re awesome, I can see further wif em on in some conditions. However they are fairly expensive and unlike headsets the more you spend doesn’t really mean the better you get. You can get a good pair of sunnies for around $150ish. Make sure there not polarized as that’s bad when flying. Do a search on this forum, you'll turn up heaps of info on this stuff.

Really for a person in your position you should really think, will I really be flying professionally? If that is yes, go get a good ANR Headset. If there is any doubt if that is what you want to do stick with a normal pair of DC 13.4s, they're a pretty good headset.

And depending who you work for No 3 Is a good therapist!!