PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NZ living
Thread: NZ living
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2007, 23:59
mach2.5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey man, i think we had this conversation a few month ago....every one here have made their points, and they are pretty much telling you the same thing. so think carefully before you put nz$120.000 into the massey account.

i am not NZ born, and until now i hold a work visa to instruct.

its true not many forigne people get work in NZ, there is a reason.They dont want to stay in NZ after the training.

in order to get a work visa, you need to have a job offer 1st. and while you are applying for that work visa, you are not allowed to work. on the other hand, you must continue studying under your student visa, and of course, if you are studying, you wont be able to have your lisence nor a jobb offer that is related to your study...

it gets pretty tricky....and of course, as to other people mentioned, you wont be able to get paid much at all.so if you are on $10 an hour per flight time, your visa will not get approved.

you need to find some where to train, that people can help you with your visa, and to be honest, you need to be the one that they are looking for, otherwise, its just a waste of time if you cant fly or work for sh...t.