PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of starting a group - Blackbushe
Old 5th Jan 2007, 22:59
Hampshire Hog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking of starting a group - Blackbushe

Hi All,

Having finished my PPL at BAFC back in June, I've started to think about setting up a new group at EGLK. The aim would be to find about 8-10 interested pilots, then find a suitable aircraft. I trained on the PA28, but would happily consider a PA38 or an AA5. My feeling is a Cessna may require too much conversion training, but I am happy to be advised. I would look for each to put in capital of £5-8k, but some of that would clearly be spent on ensuring any aircraft purchased was thoroughly up-to-scratch at the start - using someone really reputable. A safe, decent looking aircraft is the objective - one I wouldn't be ashamed to take a non-flying wife up in!

I'm a lawyer by training, so happy to do the organising, but a group with good mixed skills would be helpful - as would one with people who have different usage patterns!

I have searched and read what the search engine brought up on forming groups, but any advice or expressions of interest would be welcome.

If costs deem necessary, I would consider basing at Popham, but Blackbushe would be preferable - because of the hard runway.

Thanks in advance for any constructive comments.

HH