PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fleet grounded at 7kts??
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2007, 20:21
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tmmorris
True that it's demonstrated not limiting, though I wonder what a court would say if you had been advised that no test pilot had demonstrated a capability beyond X knots and you exceeded that and damaged the aircraft.
I was taught C152 was 12kts, so that tallies with 15mph quoted above. It's a big issue with my home base - runway 01/19, typical wind 240/10-15: it was fine when runway 06/24 was still open...
Tim
Yadda yadda, what is with Brits always hiding behind what a court might say! You will be talking with a yank twang next and never leaving the house in case you get taken to court for farting in the street.
There is no crosswind limit on a 152. The demontsrated componed was just what was available to the test pilot on the day. Do you really think they sat and waited for a mega windy day?
If you are current and capable you can put an aircraft down way beyond the "demonstrated" cross wind. When I had my 152 I put it down in 30+ kts straight accross the runway on a regular basis and still had rudder authourity. I still do the same with my 172 as the runway still points the same way.
What a dull life we would lead if always fearfull of the scumbag lawyers! Its not a police state its a laywer state.