Thread: CARDIFF - 3
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2007, 16:57
teifiboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Smile!!!
So, CWL has hit the big 2,000,000 mark for 2006,
http://info.cwlfly.com/en/news/4/238...milestone.html
;with John Horne expecting - Double Digit Growth for 07 - WOW!!! Really a great ambition! Sorry for my sarcasm (and not pessesism) there, but please.
Then ofcourse there was the multiple, er,ar,er after evey question, quite embarrising for the airport afterall, then my faviroute part of every Wales Tonight(ITV) interview with JH the inevitable BRS question comes up with how they are up to five and a half million PAX. With the further ers and well, furhter ers, a (mumbled(practily)) and half answerd reply. The usual drivvle. There also three new routes for 07 currently, Kos, Barcelona and Nantes are the three mentioned by the ITV correspondent. So, lets just hope 07 brings some good news. The website link states 'and more expected' there words not mine. Some good news for the end of my rant. Then hopefully 08 (*cough* NYC *cough*).

Smile!!!

Look, just accept it. Cardiff is not on the same scale as Bristol and never will be. Bristol handles more than twice as many passengers because twice as many want to turn up there and get on the planes, and NOT because CWL management are not doing their jobs. Bristol has a bigger catchment and more affluent demographic. It's not up to the management of the airport to persuade people and airlines to fly there. It's economics - demand and supply - pure and simple. The demand is far greater on the Saes side.