PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RP07 Revote?
Thread: RP07 Revote?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2007, 15:46
Numero Crunchero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harbour Dweller,
I understand your cynicism over this 'revote'. BUT, ST et al are working for you, NOT against you.
Just so its clear...look at AFTLS...that is the fallback position 4 years from now. There are no RPs 4 years from now without an agreement...do you get it!? So NO 5-4-3, no monthly limits other than AFTLS...100hrs in 28 days, 900hrs in a year. Also, just so we are clear...700hrs only applies to a few people. That 700hrs are NOT the credit hrs we are currently used to. 700hrs on the 400/340 is equivalent to about 820+ stick hrs...remember the 2hr loading per ULR.
This issue has been ongoing since 1996...are RPs 'policy' or 'contractual'? RP07, whilst not being the best ever rostering policy, at least enshrines protections contractually. The fallback position is simply us saying that 'rostering practices' are company policy...ie subject to unilateral change by CX.
I have been waiting for the pendulum to swing for 14 years...will it be soon???? And guess what, CX can roster us without RP07...just remember we only have to be rostered for minimum G days and I think very few pilots actually only get the minimum G/O days.
I wish RP07 was better...I am still angry about no payrises. But voting NO on this is 'cutting off my nose to spite my face'. If that is what everyone wants, so be it. But just so we are clear...57% of people that voted wanted RP07 last time. A significant portion of 'no' voters have expressed their reasons for voting No last time...protest/better deal/want fall back. If 34% of voting members(or 51% of the total membership) want the fallback then we will have it and you can be happy being in the MINORITY that dictated policy for the majority. I am voting YES...not because I am impressed with RP07 but because after 14years here I want as much in my contract as I can get. I am happy to accept the outcome whatever it is...please just make sure it is an INFORMED vote, not a protest vote!