PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Nigeria (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2007, 15:44
GlobalFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MarkD
...would be suicide to go looking for more aircraft than existing routes can support. If US is a no go then stick with 767/330 but if US is go then 777/350 starts looking good.
Of course if SRB gives up on Virgin America there might be homes needed for A320s
Consulting VK's launch pack PDF, I noticed they came in with the promise to turn LOS to a real hub with flights to Europe, Far East, Middle East, and the Americas... There are plenty of routes out there besides US: Frankfurt, Rome, Paris, Amsterdam, Zurich, Nairobi, Mumbai/Delhi, etc. etc.

My guess is yes, they would love to launch these routes ASAP but due to cash flow problem and need to become profitable before the IPO next year, they are holding back to a minimum operation (London and South Africa, and perhaps Dubai if resumed).

Of course the regional route collection is still limited but I understand this is due to 737 crew shortage... What is being done to address this, only they know... In the meantime AERO has launched Abidjan and will soon add Kinshasa, Luanda, and Douala as well.