PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot escapes Melbourne crash unhurt
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2007, 02:32
ABX
AustralianMade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GFS - I doubt we'll ever know, but ...

Spelunker,

Looks like my research was ok after all. However yesterday, when I was trying to pull info from the web, the GFS site was not responding so I had to drag those figures from the (old) Swinburne site, they may indeed be dated. (I too saw the AN reference.)

When I was guessing the number of training hours GFS might do per annum, I nearly made the same mistake that you (& jetbrett) both did:

A certain course might have 30-40 people enrolling per year, but there will still be years 2 and 3 still completing their training at the same time as the newbies are starting their first year, therefore GFS will need to fly the equivalent of the entire course syllabus per year.

So, my spelean friend, by your own numbers, the bare minimum training hours GFS do per year is 10,500 however that only includes the Swinburne courses. I am still confident that all their other courses combined will quickly add up to my original estimate of 20K+ hours.

Same for you jetbrett, by your own numbers the training hours would be 21,300. Yet in reality I think it would be higher as your allowance for this:
Private and/or Other : 500 hours per year.
is way too low, do you think that they only train 3 or 4 private trainees per year? Come on.

So, let round three of the "GFS hours per year game" now begin.

I would be genuinely interested to hear from someone who works/worked/trained at GFS MB (we know you're reading this) to find out if our estimates are in the ball park.

Standing by for correction.

ABX