PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Arabia - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 5th Jan 2007, 00:49
cameltoe2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a 2-day selection process. First day - a short tech quiz, followed by a group exercise and then a panel interview with some management guys and the head of HR. Second day - sim evaluation.

The questions are mostly taken from the FCOMs and some basic ATPL stuff just to test your tech knowledge and how well you know your aircraft. I can't give you any particular example but if you start reading your FCOMs now then the tech quiz would come fairly easy.

In the group exercise you will be given a problem scenario wherein you and your groupmates are required to come up with a solution. Give inputs, make suggestions but don't be too loud or be too aggressive. Teamwork is the keyword here.

The interview is basically a "getting to know you" stuff. Just be yourself. Be calm. They are a very nice and friendly bunch of folks.

The sim eval is a typical engine failure on take off. Vectors to finals IMC conditions, raw data approach and landing. Brush up also on your go-around procedures. Better to make a go-round than force the airplane to land in unstable conditions. Be prepared as well for a possible EGPWS or Windshear after take off scenario. Again the keyword here is good CRM. Just give it your best shot.

And about the company? Depending on an individual's perspective, but in my opinion I would say it's one nice and cool outfit. The people are nice and friendly. If you are coming to work here, just be prepared to have an open mind about living in the Gulf area. Some people like it here, some people don't. But like I said, it all boils down on how you want to live your life. Remember that you are a joining a low cost carrier, and as with other LCC's, the business model is based on simplicity and there's just no point comparing it with the other majors. Right now the company is expanding by leaps and bounds. Given a few more years though, who knows, Air Arabia might just be the next Emirates or Etihad. Inshallah!

Goodluck!

Last edited by cameltoe2006; 5th Jan 2007 at 01:07.