PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Conversion Type Ratings
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2007, 00:09
fastbuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Kuchan,
Thank you for your reply. True I havent had the opportunity to reside in the UK long enough and even if I did I would probably still would not understand the laws completely. Because i have held te BCAR Licence I decided to do the conversion with the CAA. I suppose if I had been wiser I should have converted in Ireland. I still will try my utmost to see this through. If the governing NAA's feel that the previously qualified certifying Engineers are no longer qualified to hold the ratings because the courses are no longer recognised, shouldn't the NAA's inform the airlines concerned that the remaining engineers in their employ are no longer permitted to certify EU reg aeroplanes. Furthermore a review of the certificatons carried out should be scrutinised and recertifications effected. A serious contradiction exists at the moment whereby the non EU airlines non EASA licenced engineers are allowed to certify EU reg aircraft on the strentgh of their company approvals.
Take a close look at the certifying LAE's in the Gulf/ Asia/ Africa. When these expats leave their respective employers they will find themselves seriously disadvantaged. Once again I would advise anyone else who feels the same way to pm me or view their opinions in this excellent forum.