PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet
Thread: easyJet
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2007, 22:07
I Just Want To Fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Morning Sara, and a very warm welcome onboard this EasyJet flight, shortly departing for London Stansted. Please esure that your Vegemite Jars and Tim Tams are stowed either under the seat in front of you, or in one of the overhead lockers....
Congratulations!
The more Aussies at EasyJet, the better in my opinion!
STN is also apparently one of the best bases, and they only occaisionally recruit, because no one ever leaves.
I operated a few flights with STN crew, and they were always awesome! They all say it has a real family atmosphere. Only a couple of aussies there though.
To all Aussies going over thought I'd share with you some websites which i found useful.
www.hsbc.co.uk Pretty much the only bank that will give you an account. It's called a passport account. And make sure you get a credit card before you leave australia, for emergencies. UK banks will not give you a credit card for at least the first 12 months normally.
www.gumtree.com flatshares, cars, and heaps of other stuff
www.salonskincare.co.uk Cheap cosmetics, creams and all that crap. eg MD formulations, $80 at my salon in Sydney, $62 at this website. Do not order cosmetics online from outside the uk, as you get charge duty when they arrive.
www.gatwickcrewaccommodation.com Short term crew accommoation (4-6 weeks), near LGW. Bit expensive, and you cannot leave early. Great if you finish training and still haven't sorted anything out.
www.easyjet.com Brng up the route map, and look at all the amazing places you can visit on your staff travel on your days off. One thing I would suggest is start thinking about when you want to take holidays, during training you will be able to book all your leave for at least the next 6 months. If you don't book it, they might just allocate it too you, which might not be convenient. Friend of mine did her training, waited ages for her security clearance, then flew for three days, then went on two weeks allocated leave! She was pissed off!
www.mobileworld.co.uk Cheap prepaid mobile network. Calls to Australia are only 6p per minute, or 15p to a mobile. That's actually cheaper than calling any phone in the UK.
www.letalife.com Rentals and flatshares all around UK. Good website, but to contact the person you have to call a LAPS number, which is bit like a 1900 number.
And last but not least www.aviationjobsearch.com this is for the people who Just Want To Fly but decide that EasyJet isn't for them...
Good luck, have fun... You will have a ball!